HOW TO WRITE CLEARLY
Whatever you’re writing, you have to make it clear.
How to Write Clearly is an authoritative yet easy-to-read guide that will make your non-fiction writing more colourful, expressive and precise.
It’s ideal for marketers, businesspeople, journalists, academics and anyone who needs to communicate with the written word.
Fully illustrated and referenced, with a wealth of examples throughout, How to Write Clearly is the definitive guide to non-fiction writing today.
With a foreword by Doug Kessler, leading content marketer and founder of Velocity Partners.
What you'll learn.
- How to understand your reader and tune into what they need
- How to use plain language to make your writing accessible, readable and relatable
- Ten treacherous traps you must avoid
- Proven techniques for explaining new ideas
- How to captivate your reader with storytelling, humour, intrigue, perspective and more
- What really changes readers’ minds
- How to craft clear sentences and paragraphs
- Using empathy and pacing to put the reader at their ease
- How to choose the right structure, length and title
- Pages of pro tips for drafting, editing and using feedback
The power of clear writing.
You could be writing a website, a brochure or a client presentation.
You could be preparing a job application, an email or a classified ad.
Or you might be writing an article or a book.
Whatever it is, the clearer you make it, the better your results will be.
Writing is more than just words on a page. It’s a process of communication between people.
That’s why How to Write Clearly draws on cutting-edge ideas from psychology, education and linguistics to look deep inside the reader’s mind and explore the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’.
To make yourself clear in writing, you need to get every element right, from words and sentences through to structure and title.
However, you also need to explain new ideas, build empathy with your reader and overcome their objections to your message.
Now read chapter 1 or browse the full contents list.
SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe whenever you want.